COVID-19 Walk-in Antigen Testing Service
What are Covid 19 Antigen Tests?
Antigen tests are a method of detecting an active infection with SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes the illness COVID-19. These tests look for antigens, which are protein markers found on the outside of a SARS-CoV-2 virus.
The test is performed on a sample that is taken by swabbing inside your nose. The sample can be processed in the pharmacy and we provide results within about 15 minutes.
If you test negative, you will be provided with an EU Digital Covid certificate by email, or the result will be uploaded to your Health Passport Worldwide app.
- Although the test has high sensitivity and specificity, it is not 100% accurate and may give false-positive or false-negative results.
- If you test positive, this means that the COVID-19 virus was identified at the time of testing and you must follow government health requirements and attend the HSE for a PCR test.
- If you test negative, you will be provided with an EU Digital Covid certificate by email, or the result will be uploaded to your Health Passport Worldwide app. A negative result means that the COVID-19 virus was not identified in at the time of testing. It does not mean that you haven’t had COVID-19 or that you won’t develop the infection in the future.
- This Pharmacy will not be liable to you for any losses, costs or damages that you suffer or incur as a result of receiving a positive test result (including if you’re unable to travel abroad as a result of testing positive).
- The service is subject to appointment, specially trained staff and stock availability.
We can perform the tests on children aged 2 and up, however a parent or guardian must
give consent for the test for anyone aged 16 or under.
An antigen costs €35, **including issuing a travel certificate **
**conforming to EU standards**.
We have to confirm patient identities for a variety of reasons, but mainly to ensure that the person presenting for the test is the person who will ultimately be travelling on an airline or using the test result for work and it is valid.
The whole appointment should be no longer than 5-10 mins.
For all tests, the preferred method is via email to receive their travel certificate.
Paper copies of the consultation record form will only be used in exceptional circumstances
as they can be illicitly used and copied.
Unfortunately, no test is 100% accurate. There can be false positives and negatives caused
by a variety of factors. Even the PCR test, considered the most accurate, is prone to false positive results. Our Antigen test is 92% accurate.