Extra care is necessary when taking several different medicines. This is particularly true for patients with visual or cognitive impairment.
Blister packs make it simple and easy to take the right medicines at the right time by dividing your tablets into separately sectioned blisters, each marked with the time of day when the tablets should be taken.
This can improve your medication adherence and reduce errors. Caregivers can also easily check that the right medicines have been taken in a timely manner.
Blister packs can help if you are
- Struggling to organise medicines.
- Finding it difficult to remember when to take your medicines.
- Helping to look after someone else.
- Recently home from hospital and suddenly have a lot more tablets to take.
- Looking after someone who is visually impaired.
- On a complex medication regime.
Fertility medication and advice
Seasonal flu or influenza is an acute respiratory infection caused by flu viruses which circulate in all parts of the world.
Seasonal flu symptoms include a high temperature, a severe (usually dry) cough, headache, muscle pain, joint pain, sore throat, and a runny nose. A person with the flu will also feel extremely unwell.
Most people recover from the symptoms within a week or two without requiring medical attention. But flu can cause severe illness or death especially in people at high risk (see below).
Illnesses range from mild to severe and even death. Hospitalisation and death occur mainly among high risk groups.
The most effective way to prevent the flu is get vaccinated. An annual vaccination is recommended as immunity decreases over time. The flu vaccine can be administered as an injection or using an intra-nasal spray.
While everyone should consider getting a flu vaccine, it is especially important that the following groups get vaccinated:
- Persons aged 65 years and older.
- Persons with a chronic illness requiring regular follow up, e.g. chronic respiratory disease (including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, moderate or severe asthma and bronchopulmonary dysplasia), chronic heart disease (including acute coronary syndrome), chronic renal disease, diabetes mellitus, haemoglobinopathies, chronic liver disease, chronic neurological disease (including multiple sclerosis, hereditary and degenerative disorders of the central nervous system).
- Those who are immunosuppressed due to disease or treatment including those with missing or non-functioning spleens.
- All cancer patients.
- Patients with any condition that can compromise respiratory function, e.g. spinal cord injury, seizure disorder or other neuromuscular disorder.
- Persons with Down syndrome.
- Those with morbid obesity, i.e. body mass index over 40.
- All pregnant women (vaccine can be given at any stage of pregnancy).
- Healthcare workers.
- Household contacts of at-risk persons.
- Out-of-home care givers to at-risk persons.
- Residents of nursing homes and other long stay institutions.
- People with regular contact with pigs, poultry, or waterfowl.
If you find it difficult to come to the pharmacy to collect your medicines, we are happy to deliver to patients in the locality for free. Please call us if you need to avail of this service and we can organise a delivery time that suits.
Home Delivery Service
We offer a home delivery services and are especially conscious of our vulnerable patients. Delivery is perfect for patients who have difficulty coming into the store for their medicines due to tight schedules, illness, or other reasons.
Using our instant digital photo equipment, we can offer the following professional photo services.
- Passport Photos (Standard & Online)
- Driving License Photos
- PSV License Photos
- American Passports and Other Nationalities
- Taxi License Photo
- Passport Photos for toddlers (2yrs plus) & children
- Garda ID Photos
Taxi License Photos
We print passport-style photographs, each measuring 10cm by 7cm as per taxi driver license requirements, showing your head and shoulders and complying with standards for passport photographs.
Passport Photos (Standard & Online)
We print and check that developed photos meet all requirements of the Irish Passport Office, both for print and online versions.